The Village of BARRINGTON lies on the Cook and Lake county line (Lake Cook Road). First settled in 1834 by Jesse F. Miller and William Van Orsdal, Barrington Township was set up in 1850, and the Village of Barrington was charted in 1865 1.

Within the village itself is Evergreen Cemetery, at Dundee and Monument Avenues. At the center of the cemetery is a Civil War Memorial, atop a hill at the end of Monument Avenue.

Northwest of the village, on Cuba road, is White Cemetery, a small roadside graveyard well known for its alleged hauntings2.

[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Evergreen Cemetery, Barrington

Monument Avenue Civil War Memorial
Cannon Ledgers
Old gravestones Bushes
Urn Monuments
Crabtree Waterman

White Cemetery, Barrington

White Cemetery: Sign White Cemetery: Entrance
Four Stones Long view
Book

References and Links


HOME
UP to
Graveyards of Chicago

© 1996-2002 Matt Hucke
All content (text and photographs) by Matt Hucke, unless otherwise indicated.