The Village of BARRINGTON lies on the Cook and Lake county line (Lake Cook Road). First settled in 1834 by Jesse F. Miller and William Van Orsdal, Barrington Township was set up in 1850, and the Village of Barrington was charted in 1865 1.
Within the village itself is Evergreen Cemetery, at Dundee and Monument Avenues. At the center of the cemetery is a Civil War Memorial, atop a hill at the end of Monument Avenue.
Northwest of the village, on Cuba road, is White Cemetery, a small roadside graveyard well known for its alleged hauntings2.
Evergreen Cemetery, Barrington
|Monument Avenue||Civil War Memorial|
White Cemetery, Barrington
|White Cemetery: Sign||White Cemetery: Entrance|
|Four Stones||Long view|
© 1996-2002 Matt Hucke
All content (text and photographs) by Matt Hucke, unless otherwise indicated.