St. Mary Catholic Cemetery

ST. MARY, the largest cemetery serving Catholics in the southern part of the Archdiocese, was founded in 1888 by the German Angel Guardian Orphanage Society. It is located on 87th Street in the town of Evergreen Park, adjacent to Evergreen Cemetery.

Though generally modern in character, St. Mary contains several older sections with monuments typical of those in Catholic cemeteries of the late 19th century - innumerable crosses atop pedestals, and statues of Jesus and the saints. The most remarkable feature is a manmade grotto, complete with an altar and a statue of the Virgin Mary, where devotees light candles and offer prayers.

ENTER: NEXT
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

The Christ Child

Main Office

Mayor Michael Bilandic

Children's Section

Adducci

St. Elisabeth

Tower

Falkenberg

Weisbuecher

J. Schaefer

Meilinger

Crosses

Gertrude Koupiski

A. Piazza

Grotto

Mechanic Paul B. Schmidt

Multitude

Reiner

Schodrof

Kribs

Jesus

Palaggi

Doerr

Oehman

Baltes

St. Anthony of Padua

St. Frances Cabrini
graveyards.com - Copyright 1996-2006 Matt Hucke