St. James Cemetery,
Sauk Village

Saint James Cemetery, in Sauk Village in the southeast corner of Cook County, is one of four Catholic parish cemeteries that predate the Archdiocese of Chicago.1 The cemetery was established in 1847, in a village that was then called Strassburg or New Strassburg; the name was changed to "Sauk Village" when the town was incorporated in 1957, to avoid confusion with another Strassburg in Illinois.2

References:

  1. Catholic Cemeteries Chicago: History
  2. Illinois Lincoln Highway
ENTER: NEXT
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

entrance

sign

looking west

Schaller

Kloss

Father Henry Reichert

Weishaar

Klein

view to east

view to northeast

old gravestones

small gravestones

Scheidt

sons of Louis and Katherine Erb

Joseph Klein

Georg

Klein and Kloss

row markers

leaving...

old church

dedication stone
graveyards.com
copyright 1996-2005 Matt Hucke. All right reserved.
UP