William Kimball (1828-1904) was a manufacturer of pianos.
Kimball's monument is one of the largest in Graceland. Across the rear are four Corinthian columns, with two more on the sides. The structure is without a roof. Below, an angel kneels, watching over the two graves beneath the floor. The entire monument is of white marble, and was erected in 1907 from a design by the architectural firm of McKim, Mead & White.
Much of the original detail has eroded away, most noticeably the face of the angel. On bright days, this monument is more brilliant than any other.
To the left and behind Kimball can be seen the grave of architect Louis Henri Sullivan.