The east columbarium parallels the entrance hall, and is reached by a doorway that leads from the chapel. This is the oldest of the columbarium sections here, built in 1931. The door frame, sliding doors, and columbarium niches are all constructed of iron.
Individual niches contain urns, usually of wood or bronze, many of which are intricately carved. Photographs and flowers are the most common decorations. Locking doors of iron and glass protect the contents.