The Civil War Monument, the center of Evergreen Cemetery, was dedicated in 1906. The inscription reads:
In Memory of our Civil War Heroes
Erected by Womans Relief Corps #85
Two small cannon can be seen in front of the monument on either side. A large cannon, originally placed in front of the monument, was stolen, as were the two welded stacks of cannon balls.
graveyards.com - copyright 1996-2002 Matt Hucke