George S. Halas
Feb 2 1895 - Oct 31 1983
George "Papa Bear" Halas was the first coach of the Chicago Bears professional football team, having brought the team from Decatur Illinois to Chicago in 1922. Halas was co-owner of the team, and player-coach from 1922-1929, then coach from 1933-1942. He entered the Navy in 1942, during World War II, then returned to the Bears as coach from 1946-1956, then 1958-1967 - a total of 40 years.
Halas' mausoleum is south of the main office, facing north. George Halas is located in the upper right position (behind the "S" in the name over the front door).
graveyards.com - copyright 1996-2003 Matt Hucke