The Ancient Order of Hibernians monument, dedicated in 1897, was sculpted by John Moore, known for his work in Calvary. Moore's 30-foot tower stands on a base decorated with Irish symbols such as a harp and Celtic Cross, and a wolfhound. The Ancient Order of Hibernians bought plots in Mt. Olivet to provide for the burial of members who had no family plots. The $1850 cost of the monument was obtained through fundraising picnics.
graveyards.com - copyright 1996-2002 Matt Hucke